Leg of Lamb
One of the favourite joints of meat to roast. The leg is more tender than the shoulder (animals tend to put most of their weight on their front, working the front muscles more than those further to the rear; thus the front shoulders are naturally tougher with higher protein distribution than the more tender leg). Goes great pierced with rosemary and slow roasted.
Cooking guidelines depend on recipe. Refer to recipe for cooking guidlines.
Oven (From Chilled):
- Preheat oven.
- Place lamb shoulder on top shelf.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove lamb shoulder and wrap in foil.
- Cook for a further 4 hours (or until the meat pulls away friom the bone).
- Suitable for home freezing.
- Freeze as soon as possible after purchase.
- Defrost thoroughly.
- Do not refreeze and use on same day once defrosted.
- Do not cook from frozen.