Smoked Back Bacon
Bacon is a fundamental cut for all carnivores. Set yourself up for the day with a bacon bloomer for breakfast, or utilise bacon's versatility by dicing into lardons for a secret bolognaise ingredient (bacon lardons and worcester sauce are great in a bolognaise by the way). You could wrap your chicken breast fillet with a rasher, or simply enjoy with some liver and onions. The possibilities go on and on for probably one of the most enjoyed cuts of meat.
Our fresh smoked back bacon comes in convenient 500g packs (which works out at approximately 12-14 thick cut rashers). Proper rashers.
Cooking guidelines depend on recipe and personal preferences. Refer to recipe for cooking guidlines.
Grill (From Chilled):
- Preheat grill to a high heat.
- Place bacon rashers on an oven proof dish.
- Place oven proof dish with bacon under grill (top shelf if oven grilling).
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn bacon and cook under grill for a further 5 minutes (add more time for crispier result).
Top Tip: If you're aiming for really crispy bacon rashers, cook for longer but slightly further away from the grill heat. It may take a little longer, but you'll avoid burned edges that taste like charcoal.
- Suitable for home freezing.
- Freeze as soon as possible after purchase.
- Defrost thoroughly.
- Do not refreeze and use on same day once defrosted.
- Do not cook from frozen.