Sweetcure Streaky Bacon
Bacon is a fundamental cut for all carnivores, and out of all the styles of bacon available; streaky has got to be near the top of the table! Cut from the belly (more flavoursome) and sweetened during the curing process, our sweetcure streaky bacon is a real treat for the tastebuds. Perfect for English breakfast and renowned for pigs in blankets.
Our fresh sweetcure streaky bacon comes in convenient 500g packs.
Cooking guidelines depend on recipe and personal preferences. Refer to recipe for cooking guidlines.
Grill (From Chilled):
- Preheat grill to a high heat.
- Place bacon rashers on an oven proof dish.
- Place oven proof dish with bacon under grill (top shelf if oven grilling).
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn bacon and cook under grill for a further 5 minutes (add more time for crispier result).
Top Tip: If you're aiming for really crispy bacon rashers, cook for longer but slightly further away from the grill heat. It may take a little longer, but you'll avoid burned edges that taste like charcoal.
- Suitable for home freezing.
- Freeze as soon as possible after purchase.
- Defrost thoroughly.
- Do not refreeze and use on same day once defrosted.
- Do not cook from frozen.